Arquivo

Tags

Popular Posts

Parcerias

Blogroll

Avançar para o conteúdo principal

Cidade das Cinzas de Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) Em Portugal:
 
Edição/reimpressão: 2010
Páginas: 360
Editor: Editorial Planeta



 by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Me and sequels (specially the second books have a special relationship). Saying that I mean the characters we learn to love do always the stupidest things ever and change forever the rest of the action, even if they correct them and have place to their happy ending. With this said, I have to tell you I actually could like this one, and feel these habitual senses in The City of Ashes. The world is the same and I love every minute there.
Now, the lowest points: I guess Cassandra Clare doesn´t have the ability to understand her own characters. Because the way the picture them in first book, sometimes create a parallel dimension with the actions done in this second one. I willing to know why in name of Raziel she gave that plot to Simon story, which is totally irrelevant to me. And I liked what Simon was and what in bring to the story: the “normality” and funny moments. Also, Clary doesn´t need another body-guard.
Second, Alec and [SPOILER]? I don’t buy it. I understand why she had to give another thing to develop the character not in Jace´s way, but came on? These two? Nothing in common. At least for now, and I like Alec and think he deserves the best.
Also, Jace´s story and his damaged path was so much heartbreaking and made me suffer until the end with him.
Let´s see what is waiting for my beloved characters in the next book.

Comentários

Enviar um comentário